Stephen Smith has been a business psychologist for over 20 years working in a wide range of sectors in the UK and internationally. Before joining Psyence, he spent five years as a Senior Psychologist with the business psychology team at Capita.
He has also worked as Global Senior Psychologist at Shell International Limited, where he designed and implemented all graduate-entry assessment and development programmes.
He also implemented the global PACE development programme and designed and implemented the Shell Leadership Development programmes aimed at the company’s 800 most senior managers.
Stephen also spent 12 years with SHL, gaining vast experience in Northern Ireland. This gave him a deep insight into the cultural issues of assessment with majority and minority applicant groups. He is an expert in diversity in assessment and ensuring fairness and objectivity for all applicant groups.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Assessment and development centre design
- Assessment for diversity
- Individual executive assessment
- Senior management development and coaching
- Qualifications and memberships
- Chartered Psychologist (C.Psychol) – Occupational Psychology
- Associate Fellow British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- BPS Certificate of Competence Level A/Level B Psychometric testing
- Accredited Assessor and Coach In Emotional Intelligence
- Full member of The British Psychological Society Division of Occupational Psychology
Learning and development programmes
Stephen is a fully qualified sports psychologist and has worked with many top sports performers on elite performance under pressure including:
- Formula 1 Grand Prix teams
- Premier League football teams
- Olympic athletes
- England International rugby team (U-18 squad)
- Thames Water
- Hackney Borough Council
- United Utilities