Gordon Ryan is an experienced Chartered Occupational Psychologist and senior manager. He has worked in both the public and private sector and is known for his exceptional ability to translate theory into practice.
Gordon has a background in the design and implementation of assessment for selection and development. As a Principal Psychologist he led on introducing national assessment processes at all levels within UK Policing – from entrance to Chief Constable appointments.
Gordon is experienced in a range of psychometric instruments covering areas of ability, personality, resilience, motivations, values and interests. He has developed bespoke situational judgement tests for context specific decision making, and a number of 360 degree feedback processes to support organisations achieve a culture of ‘managers as coaches’.
He has a strength in bringing a strategic organisational development perspective to the alignment of human resources processes underpinned by maximising performance through employee engagement. This includes areas of people strategies, workforce and role design, competency, behavioural and values frameworks, selection, development (including learning, training and coaching), talent management, organisational surveying and culture change, career pathways design and outplacement. Gordon is most proud of having applied this ‘joined-up’ approach to achieve transformational changes in the way UK Undercover Policing operates.
Gordon provides executive coaching to senior individuals within a number of complex and challenging public and private sector organisations.
Gordon’s approach is one of fully appreciating the client’s needs and ensuring the they receive the highest quality service, advice and support in achieving their goals.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Chartered Psychologist (C.Psychol) – Occupational Psychology
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Registered Psychologist (Health Care Professions Council)
- BPS Certificate Competence Level A/Level B
- Member of the BPS Training Committee
- Member of the BPS Special Interest Group in Coaching Psychology
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
- Member of the Institute of Leadership & Management
- Qualified Executive Coach
- Certificated in Adult Education and Learning
- Home Office – Counter Terrorism Clearance
Clients worked with
- Home Office
- Police Scotland
- College of Policing
- NHS Blood & Transplant
- Care Quality Commission
- Balfour Beatty
- Quality Engineering Services